When the summer comes, every woman prepare yourself for the beach and summer parties – remove the unwanted hair, buy special products, sunscreens, bronzers, protective face creams etc., but there is something that you shouldn’t forget – full body exfoliation.
When exfoliating you remove the dead skin cells accumulated through the year. The clean epidermis is something necessary in order to achieve great and even complexion.
Exfoliation is a technique aimed to improve the skin’s appearance by removing the dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. Exfoliating your body twice a week is recommended in order to get rid of any dry skin, as it stimulates circulation and increases your skin’s absorption of any nourishing or moistrurizing ingredients. If you don’t remove these cells your skin will look dull, older, rough and lusterless. Regularly exfoliating the skin will help you maintain the skin in its optimum condition and accelerates the skin renewal process.
Exfoliating the whole body is also an effective and easy way to further eliminate the toxins in your body. A weekly full body exfoliation will stimulate the lymphatic system and encourage the release of toxins through skin’s pores. It is also especially effective on aging skin as cell turnover slows and skin begins to retain less moisture.
For a body exfoliation you will need:
- Exfoliating gloves – pat them dry and gently rub the exfoliator around your body. The gloves revitalize your body by massaging, stimulating blood circulation and cleansing the body.
- Exfoliating sponge – it works the same way as the gloves, but are also appropriate for exfoliating the face. They not only cleanse and exfoliate your skin, but also gently massage your body.Body brush – the brush is works perfectly when exfoliating the body. The bristle body brush is especially good for exfoliating the back.
- Pumice stone – it removes the dead skin from the soles of the feet by gently abrasion.
- Exfoliators – they eliminate the dead skin cells and purify the skin. The exfoliators contain small particles for very gentle and precise smoothing to even the skin’s texture. There is a wide range of exfoliating products, some of them containing granules, sea salts, fruit seeds.
The exfoliating gels and creams eliminate easily the dead skin cells. It should be applied on wet skin and is appropriate for delicate and sensitive skins. Apply it as if it is body milk, but in larger amounts.
The exfoliators containing granules sometimes may irritate the skin. They should be applied on wet skin, following the instructions written on the pack. They are appropriate for those with normal or combination skin.
A full body exfoliation should be done not more than two times a week.
In the shower, take small amount of the exfoliating product and gently rub it onto your already cleansed skin. Begin by exfoliating the feet and ankles up to the entire leg to the abdomen. Exfoliate your feet with a pumice stone and a little bit exfoliator. For the legs use the gloves, as they are less abrasive.
Use the exfoliating gloves or the body brush. Apply exfoliating cleanser to the brush or to the gloves and gently scrub all over your body in circular motions. Exfoliate your back with a long-body brush and then your chest and abdomen but scrub more gently, because the skin on these areas is more delicate.
Nobody likes cracked hands, that’s why a hands exfoliation is essential. It will keep your hands looking great, soft and smooth.
Rinse your body lavishly first with lukewarm water and then with cold water. Use a shower gel to soften your skin. Let your body dry and then apply a nourishing lotion or body moisturizer.
Tips for exfoliating your body:
- Over exfoliating can seriously damage your skin
- If your skin is sensitive or dry, use less abrasive products and avoid using products containing sea salts
- Use exfoliator only on wet, clean skin
- Exfoliation should be done with caution on dry or sensitive skin, in order to avoid irritation
- Never use body exfoliating products for your face as they are too abrasive
- Never exfoliate of your skin is sunburned or has open wounds
- Always use products of high quality