Finding the right shade for your eye shadows isn’t always as easy as it seems. It’s true that every season has its best shades but it doesn’t always suits everyone. The appropriate shade of the eyeshadows should be considered carefully with a few factors: the color of your clothes, your natural skin tone, the color of your hair and of course with the color of your eyes.
The perfect colors for blue eyes
The best shades for those women with blue eyes are:
If you add a bit of a peachy blush and a lighter lip gloss the effect will be glamorous. Avoid applying eye shadows with green or red hues.
The perfect shades for green eyes
If your eyes are green your best choice will be in peachy or pinky shades.
The best shades for green eyes:
- rust shades as well as light golds
- yellow greens
- deep greens
- lavender shades
To achieve the best look use lipstick in darker shades or deep red. Avoid applying eyeshadows in blue shades and don’t forget to emphasize your eyes with a brown eyeliner and black mascara.
For brown eyes
Those women with brown eyes are lucky – they can wear almost all shades.
The best shades for brown eyes:
- dark brown
If your eyes are brown you should highlight them with black or brown eye pencil or liquid eyeliner.
The best way to make stay put on for longer is applying an eyeshadow base. It will stop your shadows from smudging, streaking and creasing by increasing the lasting-power. A good base will not only prevent your shadows from creasing but it will also aid in blending the eyeshadows to perfection. The base will intensify it and make it stay put on for longer.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with your eye shadow color.
- Never apply eye shadow if there is an infection present, if your eyes are watery or if they are feeling sensitive.
- If your eyes are blue your best choice will be a darker shade than your eye color as it will make your eyes really blue.
- Before applying your eye makeup comb your brows up and across with a special brow brush or with the help of a toothbrush.
- Remember the golden rule: if you accentuate your eyes keep your lips as natural as possible and vice versa.
- If you are going to use powder eye shadows apply them with the help of a damp makeup brush.
- Blend the colors very carefully using a soft, tapered eyeshadow brush.
- Always use eyeshadows of good quality as they stay for longer, do not crease, flake or fade.
- Always remove your makeup in the evening with a mild makeup remover.
- Eye shadows come in different types, textures and shades. There are liquid eyeshadows, eye shadow pencil, cream shadows, loose and pressed powder eye shadows.