The lips as well as the eyes are the most important area in your makeup and that’s why the lipstick is the most popular makeup product in the world. Red lipstick is probably the best choice for those women who like to demand attention. Applying red lipstick can be very difficult and time-consuming as if not applied properly it can look overdone, cheap and unnatural. The perfect shade will make your eyes look brighter and your smile whiter and will transform you into a different woman.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step One. Create a base
The best way to make your red lipstick stay on for longer is to dust your lips with a translucent face powder or to pat on foundation. By creating a base for the lipstick it will adhere better and the color will be more intense.
Step Two. Line your lips
It’s essential to outline your lips with a lip liner every time you apply lipstick or lip gloss, especially when applying red lipstick. Use a nude lip pencil and rim your pout very carefully. Make sure the lip pencil is sharp enough and carefully outline your lips to give your mouth a great shape and to stop your lipstick from feathering.
Step Three. Apply the first layer
To apply the red color flawlessly you should use a small lip brush as it will allow you a more precise application and will give you better control. Run the brush on the lipstick from side to side so that it has enough lipstick on it.First apply the color to the center of your lips and then slowly brush the color out towards the edges. Always apply the lipstick to the upper lip first, using as little lipstick as possible with a firm and even strokes. At the end use a cotton bud to correct any mistakes and blot your lips with a tissue to remove any excess lipstick.
Step Four. Apply the second layer
It’s essential to apply a second layer, especially when applying red lipstick or red lip gloss in order to ensure the color will last for longer. To prevent lipstick on your teeth make an “O” with your mouth and put your finger in.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST SHADE OF RED FOR YOUR SKIN TONE:
As we know, not all shades suit everyone, some colors look different on different skin tones, that’s why the first thing you should do when choosing a lipstick is to determine your skin tone.
- if your complexion is “cool” your best choice will be a true red color.
- if your complexion is “warm” your best choice will be a rusty red or a pinkish red.
- a deep red color suits those women with darker complexions.
- your skin and makeup should be flawless because red lipstick can highlight any blemishes.
- If you want to create a more natural look you can dab a lip balm on top of the lipstick.
- If you want to wear red lipstick keep the rest of your makeup as natural as possible.
- It’s essential to outline your lips with a nude lip liner in order to prevent bleeding.
- If you wear red lipstick polish your nails in red too.
- If your lips are chapped avoid applying heavy lipstick or lip gloss.
- Never apply too much blush if you are going to wear red lipstick.
- Remember: if you wear red lipstick you should keep the rest of your makeup bare.
- Never wear red lipstick if your teeth are yellow.
- Never use brown or red lip liner to outline your lips.
- Choose a lip balm, lip gloss, lipstick with SPF at least 15 to protect your lips from the harmful sun’s rays.
- Apply a high-shine lip gloss with light-reflecting shimmer over the red lipstick.
- Teens should avoid applying red lipstick or lip gloss as it can look too dramatic and can make they look older.
- Never apply red lipstick straight out the tube use a lip brush instead.
- To make the color sheer you can apply a small amount of sheer lip gloss over the lipstick.
- To keep your lips soft and good-looking you should brush a wet toothbrush over your lips to remove the dead skin cells once a week.
- Always outline the lips before applying the lipstick.
- Never go out in dry, cold weather without applying lip balm or lipstick
- Always apply foundation on face powder over your lips to create a base for your lipstick.
- The creamy lipsticks go on more easily and are better for moisturizing your lips.
- If your lipstick feather into the lines around your lips,switch to a less creamy lipstick and powder your lips with loose powder before applying it.
- If your skin is mature avoid using heavy lipsticks as they draw attention to any fine lines around the mouth.
- Always apply the lipstick at the end, even after the application of mascara.
What do you think about this post?4 Comments »