Using a makeup primer is the best way to make your makeup stay put on for longer. The makeup primers are relatively new products on the market but now are gaining more and more popularity. Their aim is to prepare the skin for the makeup application, they pamper the skin and create a protective base for longer-lasting, natural looking foundation application and wear.
The primers give the makeup something to grab onto and help your makeup last longer, because the makeup primers create a smooth and perfect surface. Most of them are oil and fragrance-free and have a gel formula that allows an even and precise application.
They work especially well for people with oily and combination skin as they control excess shine and absorb the oil.
It is also appropriate for those with very dry and sensitive skin as it nourishes the skin and calms inflammations. If you apply makeup primer before the foundation it won’t rub off or smear.
A primer should be applied after your moisturizer and before the foundation. It’s essential to let it sink in for a few minutes (give it enough time to penetrate into your skin). Apply it with your fingers to the areas where your makeup doesn’t last longer (usually chin, lips, eyelids) or over to the whole face. It should always be applied on clean skin. The foundation application is as usual.
Benefits of using:
- Smooth the skins surface
- Even out skin tone
- Create a perfect surface for your makeup
- Disguise skin flaws and imperfections
- Pamper and nourish your skin
- Create a protective base for longer-lasting foundation
- Reduce redness and inflammation
- Moisturize your skin and keep it hydrated all day long
- Stop oil and shine
- Makeup primers work especially good for those with oily skin by reducing excess shine on the forehead, nose and chin
- Protect your skin from the harmful UV rays’ some primers have a sunscreen and SPF 15 or more
- Makeup primers create a perfect makeup base
- Makeup primers fill in fine lines and wrinkles
- Make enlarged pores appear smaller and less visible
- Keep cosmetics out of the pores’ don’t clog the pores
- Allow the foundation to go on smoother
- Allow your skin to breathe normally as they don’t clog the pores
- The makeup glides on smoothly and blends easily
What do you think about this post?16 Comments »