No matter how little time you have in the morning or how tired you are in the evening never forget to cleanse your face. The skin becomes very dirty and oily during the day, due to the environmental pollutants – smoke, dust, greasy makeup etc. Using facial cleansers is essential part of our basic skin-care routine. The cleansers leave the skin feeling clean, smooth and non-oily. They wash off the makeup, the dirt and the oils, leaving the skin clean and tight. Nowadays there is a wide range of different cleansers for every skin type, from normal to sensitive. The main purpose of the facial cleanser is to gently clean your skin without irritating it.
It’s crucial to select a cleanser that is appropriate for your skin type. If your skin is oily or combination it must be stronger, more drying containing oil-absorbing ingredients. Those with sensitive or dry skin should look for a mild, hypoallergenic cleanser containing more moisturizing and nourishing ingredients, such as vitamins, essential oils and minerals. Some of the cleansers on the marker can be too drying even for those with very oily skin that is prone to acne, that’s why I recommend you to avoid cleansing products containing alcohol and harsh products. Most of the cleansers contain active ingredients – alpha hydroxyl acids, salicylic acid, vitamin A, B, K, elastin, collagen, glycerin, menthol, sodium laureth sulfate.
- cleanse your skin in deep
- wash of makeup, dirt and surface oils
- leave your skin tight and clean
- remove all the impurities
- cleanse the skin without robbing it of moisture
- don’t irritate your skin
- allow penetration of active ingredients your apply afterwards
- keep your pore clean and clear
- treat acne
- leave your skin soft and supple
- moisturize your face
- help prevent blemishes
HOW TO APPLY:
Once you have found a cleanser that has the proper pH and works best for your skin start using it in the morning and especially at night to remove all the impurities, oils and makeup that your face has collected during the day.
Splash your face with warm water and make sure your hands are clean.
Squeeze a small amount of your cleanser into your palms or to a soft cotton washcloth.
Apply the cleanser to your face using a circular motion. Make sure you cover all the areas – forehead, chin, nose, cheeks and neck. Massage your face for about a minute. Allow the cleaner to penetrate the skin for a few minutes.
Rinse thoroughly the cleaner with lukewarm water. Make sure that you have removed all traces of the cleanser. You can use a face sponge, a muslin cloth or cotton pads to remove the cleanser. At the end rinse your face with cold water to shrink the enlarged pores and to improve blood circulation.
Dry your face with a facial towel.
Once you have cleansed your face you should begin with the next step – tone your skin. The toners remove the traces of makeup, dirt and oil that your cleanser may have missed. They also reduce pores, eliminate oil and refine the skin. What they do in addition to making your skin feel tighter, is prepare the skin for the moisturizer.
Always apply a facial moisturizer after cleansing your face. A moisturizer should always be applied to a clean and toned face. Take appropriate amount and apply it to the face , avoiding eyes area. Dot moisturizer, an inch away from the eyes to avoid irritation.
- Never over cleanse your skin – you can seriously irritate it.
- Use a cleanser appropriate for your skin type.
- Always apply a moisturizer after cleansing.
- Choose a facial cleanser with exfoliating properties.
- Cream based cleansers are appropriate for the winter months as they moisturize the skin.
- Gel cleansers are suitable for those people with oily or combination skin as they don’t leave a heavy residue behind.
- If your skin is sensitive choose a fragrance-free cleanser.
- Use your cleanser both in the morning and in the evening.
- Never cleanse your face using soap – it seriously irritates your skin and dries it.
- Avoid applying the cleanser to the eye area.
- Always apply the facial cleanser to a wet face.
- Always use a cleanser purposed for the face.
- Never remove the cleanser immediately – allow it to penetrate into the skin.
- Sometimes a harsh cleanser may irritate your eyes and cause tearing.
- Select a water-soluble cleanser.
- A moisturizer should always be applied to a clean and toned face.
- Always make sure your hands are clean before applying a facial cleanser to your face.
- avoid soap-based products, because they leave the skin more vulnerable and can promote wrinkle formation.
- if your skin is oily look for a water-based cleanser in gel or foam formula
- if your skin is dry look for a cream cleanser that moisturizes your skin