The best way to prevent pimples and breakouts is setting up a regular routine using gentle cleansing products and using the most appropriate makeup and skincare products for your skin type.
Squeezing isn’t an effective way remove pimple. Squeezing often lead to scarring and probably new will form after a few days. Popping causes the area to become even redder and inflamed. When squeezing you can easily spread bacteria to other parts of your face and in most of the cases it leads to formation of new pimples that are very difficult to remove afterwards. If you squeeze a pimple that hasn’t develop completely it may lead to an open hole on your face that cannot be treated in any way. What’s more – as we know a pimple is filled with bacteria into the pore and sebum, so when you squeeze those materials will most probably deeper into the open pores and worsen the inflammation, leaving you with a bigger bump and ugly red spot.
Every dermatologist or a beautician will tell you – never squeeze a pimple, and it’s true. But if despite all you cannot resist you should follow a few simple steps to squeeze properly.
Step 1 Steam your face
Steaming before popping is essential. Steaming your face loosen debris that may be embedded into your skin, it widens your clogged pores and softens the skin in order to cleanse your face more easily. Steam for approximately 10/ 15 minutes and rinse your face with lukewarm water. If you don’t have so much time you can hold a warm washcloth to your face for a couple of minutes.
Step 2 Wash your hands
Make sure your hands are absolutely clean to minimize the risk of spreading bacteria. Also make sure you have removed all traces of makeup. If you want to use a needle you should sterilize it. With a needle you can gently puncture the top center of the pimple.
Step 3 Use gauze pads
Use gauze pads or napkins. Wrap a gauze pad around your fingers. Squeeze the pimple only if it has a pus-filled center – this mean that the pimple has developed completely.
Step 4 Squeeze gently
Apply gentle pressure to each side of the pimple to force the pus inside the pimple to the center. Squeeze the pimple very gently but never squeeze violently as it may lead to serious scarring. Repeat it as many times as needed until the pus is gone completely. If the pus doesn’t drain easily stop, otherwise you can cause a scar to form or cause an open hole on your face. Never use your fingernails to squeeze a pimple.
Step 5 Wash your face
Wash your face again with an antibacterial cleanser and do a facial mask if you want to cleanse your entire face. A clay or mug masks work best after squeezing a pimple, as they they remove the excess oil and shrink the enlarged pores.
Step 6 Apply a healing agent
Look for products with benzoyl peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, salicylic acid, alpha hydroxyl acid to kill the bacteria. These products dry the pimple faster and prevent the formation of red spots.
- Apply an ice cube to the pimple and hold it for a few minutes. The ice cube decreases the swelling and redness and at the same time shrinks enlarged pores.
- Use a concealer to hide pimple and scars – the concealer should be an antibacterial and oil-free. Dot the concealer only in places you need to. Start with a slightly darker tone and blend into with a sponge to match the lighter foundation in order to avoid creating light spots. Apply the concealer after the foundation to achieve best results.
- Applying a dab of toothpaste on the pimple before going to bed helps sooth irritation, reduces redness and dries out the pimple.
- Apply honey to any affected areas several times a day – the honey is known to reduce redness, nourish the skin and give a natural glow to the skin.
- Rubbing your skin with lemon juice is the best and most effective way to treat – lemon juice lightens red scars and blemishes, maintains the pH balance of the skin.
- Apply Aloe Vera onto the pimple to help it heal faster.
- Never try to squeeze a pimple that isn’t ready / that is still below the surface/.
- Remember: squeezing a pimple can cause major infection and scarring.
- Never squeeze acne cysts, instead consult a dermatologist or a beautician.
- After squeezing a pimple a scab may form, but it’s normal.
- Cortisone may be injected by your dermatologist to eliminate the swelling and redness.
- Use special pimple cream that contains benzyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
- Establish a strict skincare regime to prevent breakouts
- It can take up to a 4 week for a pimple to disappear completely.
- Do a clay mask twice a week to keep your skin clear.
- Never touch your face with dirty hands.
- Always use oil-free cosmetics.
- Early treatment is the best way to prevent scars.
- Always remove your makeup and cleanse your face in the evening.
- Avoid using products containing harsh ingredients.
- Avoid applying foundation while there is an acne breakout.
- Keep your makeup brushes clean.
- Throw out old makeup products.
- often indicate the presence of acne or chronic skin disease
- It is essential to use a sunscreen, because the UV rays can darken the discoloration.
- Violent squeezing must not be used, because it always leads to the formation of little painful boils
- Never use your fingernails as they can carry dirt and can cause further infection
- Never prick, because doing so infects the surrounding area and leaves the scar behind which usually results in dark or red spots.
- Make sure that all of your skincare products and makeup cosmetics are noncomedogenic and nonacnegenic which means that they won’t clog your pores, cause breakouts and pimples.
- Always remove your makeup in the evening and apply pimple-fighting medicine to remove all the impurities, oils and makeup residue.
To learn more see also the articles:
What do you think about this post?4 Comments »