It’s important to use a moisturizer no matter what your skin condition is. Every skin type needs moisture, protection and nourishing to function normal and to be healthy. It protects your skin from the sun, wind, cold, from the environmental pollutants and nourish your skin. They plump and comfort your skin and make the foundation easier to blend smoothly and to stay put longer. Moisturizers improve your skin quality and act as a protective layer to help trap the moisture in the skin and stop it from evaporation. They slow down the natural moisture loss throughout the day and prevent further skin dehydration. Applied prior to makeup will help to retain moisture and keep the skin smooth and supple.
It should be used every day, both in the morning and in the evening to keep your skin hydrated and healthy looking. A good one will increase skin’s resilience and boost its ability to protect itself from environmental irritants.
A moisturizer works as a day treatment product and support nightly skin care. Nowadays most of them contain sun protection ingredient and have SPF at least 15 and include fragrances which give the product a fresh odor. They include oils, vitamins, plant extracts and even sunless tanners.
- protect your skin from the sun and from the environmental pollutants
- slow down the natural moisture loss
- nourish your skin
- plump and comfort your skin
- create a good base for the make up
- improve your skin quality
- act as a protective layer
- trap the moisture in the skin
- keep the skin smooth and supple
- prevent dryness and cracking
How to apply properly:
Step 1 Cleanse and tone your face
should always be applied to a clean and toned face. Use mild cleanser and wash your face, exfoliate gently with circular motions and apply toner. Let your face dry, otherwise it will just slide right off your face.
Step 2 Apply the moisturizer
Always wash your hands before applying. Take appropriate amount and apply it to the face , avoiding eyes area. Dot moisturizer, an inch away from the eyes to avoid irritation. Instead apply an eye cream or eye gel to moisturize the eye area. Starting into the center of the face apply the moisturizer up and out to give your face a bit of a lift. Apply it and let it soak in at least 3 minutes before applying foundation.
Step 3 Don’t forget the neck
Always apply moisturizer or face cream to the neck. Stroke upward so that you don’t pull the skin down.
Selecting the right one for your skin isn’t always a easy thing.
- Oily skin – if your skin is oily look for oil-free one. Most of the women with oily or combination skin think that they don’t need to use moisturizers but that’s not a true. Oily skin just like dry skin needs moisture and nourishing. Select a product that is oil-free and non-comedogenic – that won’t clog your pores.
Sensitive skin – if your skin is sensitive look for a product specifically designed for sensitive skin. The appropriate for you will be the one that is fragrance-free and doesn’t contain potential allergens.
Normal skin – those with normal skin should also use moisturizer to maintain the skin’s natural moisture balance.
- Dry skin – select a heavier, oil-based and hypoallergenic. There are many moisturizers for dry skin on the market that nourish, soothe, calms dry skin. The drier your skin is the more hydrating moisturizer you should use. Avoid products containing fragrances – they can irritate your skin and make it drier.
Useful Tips for moisturizing :
- Always moisturize your skin before applying the foundation even if your skin is oily.
- should be applied daily , even if you aren’t going to apply makeup.
- should always be applied to a clean and toned face.
- Always make sure your hands are clean before applying.
- Select a moisturizer with SPF at least 15.
- You can wear a sunscreen.
- Make sure it is appropriate for your skin type.
- To help trap the water in the surface cells apply to a wet face.
- Don’t use heavy moisturizer unless your skin is very dry.
- If your foundation disappear within few hours of application, or drags when you blend it that means that probably your skin needs more moisturizer.
- Always apply after face exfoliation, because exfoliating causes your skin to dry out.
- Never use heavy creams or moisturizers around the eyes as these could irritate your eyes.
- The better the quality the more protection from dryness it will give you
- Use a light-reflecting on the skin – it will make your skin looking glowing and beautiful.
- Never keep your moisturizer in the bathroom as you may get water in it, which can spread bacteria.
- A moisturizer will work best if you apply it to damp skin.
- If you don’t want to use a foundation, buy a tinted – it covers up minor imperfections, hydrates and delivers sun protection.
What do you think about this post?5 Comments »