Probably there isn’t a girl that doesn’t want to have Angelina Jolie’s , Scarlett Johansson’s or Jessica Alba’s full lips – one of the sexiest women today. Fortunately today there are many options to make them fuller, to give your lips definition and to improve their appearance – you can undergo a lip enhancing surgery, you can have lip enhancing injections, you can use makeup products and techniques to add volume.
Lip plumpers (lip enhancing gloss, lip plumers) are relatively new products on the market that give volume and definition to the lips. They work by slightly irritating the delicate skin causing slight swelling to plump up. Most of the lip plumpers contain many nourishing and moisturizing ingredients that nourish and condition the lips – honey, chamomile, aloe vera, olive oil, almond oil, essential oil as well as special ingredients that offer fullness as they slightly irritate the skin (peppermint, caffeine, niacin, cinnamon).
How it works:
- make blood vessels dilate, increasing the blood flow
- make lips swell slightly
- contain ingredients that reduce lip lines and nourish the delicate skin deeply
- fill in cracks and fine lines
- enhance collagen which is essential for fuller lips
- some of them use light reflecting ingredients to trick the eye and make the lips appear fuller
How to apply:
The lip plumpers can be applied before or over your lipstick to well-moisturized lips. Use the plumper during the day to maintain and increase your plump.
HOW TO APPLY MAKEUP:
Step One. Apply a concealer or a foundation to your lips
Apply a concealer, foundation or translucent loose powder to create a base. By creating a base for the lipstick it will adhere better and the color will be more intense.
Step Two. Use a lip liner
Lining with a nude or a natural-toned lip liner in a must if you want to make them appear bigger and fuller. Use a lip pencil and rim your pout very carefully. Make sure the lip pencil is sharp enough and carefully outline your lips to give your mouth a great shape and to stop your lipstick from feathering.
Step Three. Apply lipstick
Apply your lipstick as usual using a lip brush for a more precise application. Run the brush on the lipstick from side to side so that it has enough lipstick on it. First apply the color to the center and then slowly brush the color out towards the edges. Blot with a tissue to remove any excess and then apply a second layer for a more saturated lip color.
Step Four. Use a lip gloss
Apply lip gloss to add shine and to create a more seductive look.
Collagen injection is probably the most famous lip enhancement treatments as collagen has been in use from more than 20 years already. Collagen injections give the opportunity to increase the size without a permanent result. The collagen injections used for lip enhancement usually contain Bovine collagen and unfortunately there is a possibility of allergic reaction but it’s very rare. Those with too thin lips may need additional injections in order to maintain the fullness of their lips.
Undoubtedly, collagen injection is nice and safe way to plum up your lips and to define the edges. It usually lasts up to 5/ 6 months. * Collagen in approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration.
Restylane is synthetic, dermal filler amongst the most popular lip fillers. The best advantage of Restylane filler is that it can last for up to 8/ 12 months and because it isn’t extracted from animals the possibility of an allergic reaction is very small. Restylane should be injected into the lips in tiny amounts by a needle. Despite lip enhancement Restylane injections can be also used for wrinkle correction, reducing fine lines, crow’s feet. Restylane is FDA-approved.
Restylane Lipp is a specially designed gel for the lips that give the opportunity to create more volume and definition to the lips. It is a crystal-clear form of hyaluronic acid that maintains lip fullness and definition.
Hyaluronic lip filler
Recently the cosmetic surgeons began to use hyaluronic gel (hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that exist in a human body) to add volume and definition to the lips. A pure hyaluronic gel is injected into the lips to binds water and to hold the elastic and collagen of the skin together. The biggest advantage of hyaluronic lip filler is that it doesn’t pose an allergy risk and the result can last up to 6/ 8 months.
- Lip augmentation procedures have their own side effects that include – swelling, redness and stinging.
- Always consult a doctor before getting lip injection or dermal filler.
- Never undergo lip enhancement procedure if you are pregnant.
- The lip enhancement procedures may take up to 2/ 3 hours.
- Remember: use lighter lip color to make your lips appear fuller.
- Remember: dark lipstick, lip gloss or dark lip liner can make your lips appear thinner.
- Exfoliate your lips once or twice a week to remove the dead skin cells and to prevent dry, chapped and sore lips.
- Choose a lip balm, lip gloss, lipstick with SPF at least 15 to protect your lips from the harmful sun’s rays
- Apply lip balm every time you feel your lips dry and rough.
- Look for lipsticks, lip glosses, lip balms that contain more natural ingredient and moisturizing ingredients.
- If your lipstick feather into the lines around your lips,switch to a less creamy lipstick and powder your lips with loose powder before applying it.
- If your skin is mature avoid using heavy lipsticks as they draw attention to any fine lines around the mouth.
- Never go out in dry, cold weather without applying lip balm or lipstick.