Acne is the world’s most common skin disease. It is an inflammatory disease of the skin that starts when oil and dead skin cells clog up the pores. It requires very serious skin-care regime and much patience. The treatment is a complicated and long process, but no one should give up trying to fight with acne.
You should fallow a few simple steps to fight the acne:
Every day facial cleansing
Wash your face twice a day with mild cleansers, which cleanse the skin without drying it and rid. If your skin is very sensitive or you have lots of pustules and cysts use hypo allergic cosmetic products / special soaps, lotions, gels/ like Eucerrin, Avene or Bioderma/. Gently rub the cleanser into the skin for a few seconds. Work into a full lather and rinse thoroughly and then pat dry.
Exfoliate your skin once or twice a week. Steam your face to open the pores, this way you will be able to clean your skin in deep. Remember: Never exfoliate the skin if you have cysts or pustules – you can seriously irritate the skin and make the acne worst.
Reduce the oily secretions
Use specially designed tonics and lotions for oily and acne prone skin. They should contain salicylic acids, glycolic or hydroxyl acids and benzoyl peroxide. The lotions and the tonics speed up skin cell turnover, dry up the oils and promote sloughing of dead skin cells. Before applying , gently wash the affected area with a mild cleanser, then pat dry. Apply to the affected areas of the face or to the whole face.
- Immediately after you have steamed your face, while your pores are still open apply salicylic acid to the face. It’s true that it won’t be comfortable but the tingle simply means that it works. Wait it to dry and apply tea tree oil dilated in 15ml. hot water. The tea tree oil acts the same way as benzoyl peroxide.
- To remove dark spots or small acne scars you can use salicylic acid and vinegar. It is important your pores to be open. First cleanse the area of discoloration with lotion and apply the vinegar with a cotton pad. Your skin may become reddish for a while because of the vinegar but after 30 minutes it will fade. If the salicylic acid dried your skin you should apply a few drops of olive oil or hydrating cream to the face.
Here is one “wonder-working” recipe:
Steam 3 green tea bags, 6 tbsp ginger in 250ml. water. Let it boil and when it cools apply the mixture to the face with a cotton pad in the morning and at night. The effect will be striking – after one week most of the scars and the pimples will disappear and the skin will renewal.
Put 2 tbsp lavender and 3 tbsp ginger into a boil. Stand directly over the steam and drape a small towel over your head for keeping the steam from escaping. It will not only open your pores but it will cleanse your skin in deep.
How to protect:
- The cleanness is a decisive factor; cleanse your face every day
- Use mild cleansers that keep your skin clean and reduce the oils
- Make sure your skin is well hydrated
- Always use a sunscreen – it will protect your skin from the UV rays and the appearance of dark spots
- Never use greasy cosmetics
- Never forget to remove the make-up in the evening
- Take brewer’s yeast – 2/ 3 pills a day
- Drink at least 1.5 liter water
- Eat one apply or drink 1 tbsp vinegar with one glass hot water in the morning
The oil secretions are said to build up beneath the blocked pores, creating a perfect environment for the skin bacteria to multiply uncontrollably.
Acne can be divided into 3 basic categories from mild to severe, depending on the number of pimples and the amount of scarring.
- mild form of acne – non-scarring, fewer than 10 lesions; usually needs a treatment you apply to the skin
- moderate form of acne – may leave scars, more than 10 lesions, red spots, pimples; needs a topical treatment
- severe form of acne – leave scarring, cystic, nodulocystic, red spots, hundreds of pimples; needs the same as for moderate, but with much closer supervision and more frequent visits to the doctor
Unfortunately, we do not know what exactly causes acne, but several factors are known to be linked to acne:
- propionibacterium acnes – people with acne have more Propionibacterium acnes in their follicles than people without acne
- hormonal changes
- skin irritation
- hyperactive sebaceous glands
- accumulation of dead skin cells
- bacteria in the pores
- deficient personal hygiene
- vitamin deficiency
- greasy makeup
- high humidity
Here are several pictures:
What do you think about this post?8 Comments »