Microdermabrasion is one of the best skin resurfacing treatments and no wonder it’s the most popular non-invasive cosmetic treatment. It is more than skin exfoliation, but it is gentler that chemical peel for example. Unlike dermabrasion, it doesn’t use hard diamond fraise and doesn’t leave the skin open and red for a few days afterwards. It involves small, micronised aluminum oxide crystals.
If it is performed by a professional, micro-crystals are air-blasted onto the skin with a vacuum pump to shift dead skin cells and blocked pores so the skin is left fresher and smoother. After the procedure the skin look brighter, feels clean and soft, fine lines and wrinkles seem less pronounced, pores are refined, pigmentation is faded.
Fortunately, nowadays you can perform microdermabrasion at home for less than $50 and it won’t take a long time. Nowadays there are different kits on the market that usually include micro-crystal cream (with aluminum oxide crystals), lotions, post-microdermabrasion moisturizer, exfoliating wand, foam applicators or exfoliating cloth. These kits are inexpensive – they usually cost less than $30/ $40. When you do this at home you remove the dead skin cells from the top layer of your skin by deep exfoliation. If you perform once a week you will see the results – you will improve the condition of your skin, eliminate the appearance of dark spots, discolorations, you will improve the overall appearance of your skin.
- refines pores
- stimulates the production of collagen and elastin
- stimulates blood circulation
- reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- improves the overall appearance of the skin
- smoothes rough textured skin
- promotes new cell growth
- reduces age spots, pigmentation spots
- unclogs pores
- tightens and smoothes the skin
- minimizes the appearance of large pores and scarring
- gives the skin a healthy-looking glow
- rejuvenates the skin
- enhances the penetration of skincare products
- revitalizes dull skin
- controls acne
- Step One. Cleanse your face as usual with a mild facial cleanser. Make sure you have removed all traces of makeup and oils. There is no need to apply a toner.
- Step Two. Use the microdermabrasion tool and gently begin to massage the cream into your wet skin. Massage gently for two/ three minutes and make sure you have covered all areas of your face.
- Step Three. Rinse your face with lukewarm water and wash the applicator with water.
- Step Four. Apply the post-microdermabrasion moisturizer or lotion.
- After the procedure your skin may look slightly red in the first hours but it is normal.
- You can get back to your daily routine immediately after the treatment.
- It is effective on all skin types, colors and ages.
- You can apply makeup immediately after treatment.
- Always follow the instructions written on the box.
- Don’t perform on irritated or damaged skin.
- Use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure a week after microdermabrasion treatment.