Mascara, as well as lipstick, is probably the most used makeup product in the world. The mascara emphasizes the eyes and gives them definition. It comes in two forms – waterproof and water-soluble.
Waterproof doesn’t dissolve in water, but it can cause problems. You can remove it with solvents as you wipe around your eyes, but this action may pull at eyelashes and even break the lashes.
Water-soluble are easier to remove because they dissolve easily in water.
Neutral shades of mascara color work best. The black works best for most people, making the eyes look brighter. A lighter shade will lessen the depth of deeper eyes. Brown and blue works best for those with blond hair.
Nothing widens and opens the eyes like curling the lashes, even if you do only the tips, so curl the lashes before applying. Always start the makeup application with the mascara – this way it will be easier for you to clean up the eyelids if small particles should drop during the application. Flick the brush against holder to eliminate any little drops.
When moisturizing the face be careful not to get moisturizer on your lashes. When using take the wand out of the tube and let it dry slightly for one or two minutes. Apply a powder to the lashes, this will give your lashes volume and will allow to stay longer. Look down into a mirror and stroke lashes upwards with just the tip of the brush. Always brush the lashes from above and then upwards from below to get the both sides of the lashes.
First apply a thin coat, lit it dry and then build up with a second coat of mascara. When applying to the lower lashes, gently brush the tip of the applicator across them. Always allow the first coat to dry before applying the second coat. At the end comb the lashes to separate the hairs and to remove the excess mascara.
- Never add water.
- To remove the excess blot the lashes with a tissue.
- In order to eliminate any little drops, flick the brush against the holder.
- Do the top lashes first and then the lower lashes.
- If you want to achieve more depth, apply a very fine line to the lash line of the eyelids.
- Make sure that the wand isn’t overloaded – take some off with a tissue before applying.
- After applying try not to blink for a few seconds.
- Stay away from mascara that clumps and flakes easily, because it can get into eyes and irritate not only your eyes but also your skin.
- Always remove the mascara and eyeshadows before going in bed, otherwise your skin and eyes will become irritated.
- After a few months a bacteria can buildup in opened tubes of mascara which can lead to eye infection and irritation, so discard mascara after five months of usage.
- Never curl your lashes after applying mascara because the eyelashes can stick to the pad on the curler.
- Don’t apply on the bottom lashes if you are prone to dark shadows under the eyes as it will only accentuate them.
- If you suffer from stubby lashes, try a slick of Vaseline on them every night before bed.
- Never share your mascara or other makeup products that come into contact with body fluids, bacause this will contaminate the products.
What do you think about this post?4 Comments »