Long and thick eyelashes are a surefire way to instant prettiness. Usually fake lashes come in three lengths – short, medium, long and are available in all colors and shapes to suit different eye shapes. The false lashes are made from human hair or from animal hair. Individual lashes can be used to fill in sparse eyelash areas, but are more difficult to apply. The individual eyelashes look more natural.
Strip eyelashes add density to the entire lash line and are easy to apply but in most of the cases they don’t look natural.
False lashes always come with special glue designed specifically to help you apply the fake eyelashes.
It’s essential to select the right lashes that will complement your eye shape and your look.
THE BENEFITS OF APPLYING ARE:
- widen the eyes
- enhances the natural lashes
- create a subtle, sophisticated look
- define your lash line
- plump your eyes
FOR THE APPLICATION YOU WILL NEED:
- a pair of fake lashes
- eyelash glue
- small scissors
- liquid eyeliner
- makeup remover
- cotton pads
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1 Apply the makeup as usual
Always apply your makeup before applying the fake lashes. Use a foundation to create a flawless look, apply face powder to set your makeup. Make sure your lashes are clean and free of all traces of makeup or mascara. I don’t recommend you to use creamy eye shadows because oiliness will prevent the glue sticking adequately.
Step 2 Trim your fake lashes
Trim the false eyelashes in length and width to suit your eye size. To trim them use a sharp scissors to accommodate your needs. Review the length of the lashes – put them close to your natural eyelashes. Always trim false lashes before applying glue on them.
Step 3 Apply the glue
Fake lashes individual or strip lashes always come with glue. The glue used for the application of false lashes is usually waterproof and looks clear. Apply a thin line of glue along the false lashes and let it dry for 2/ 3 minutes.
If you are going to use individual lashes – dip the end of the eyelashes in the glue and wait for a few seconds. Before using the lashes check the tackiness with your finger.
Step 4 Apply the fake lashes
Get close to a mirror and look down. Guide the strip lash into position directly under the natural lash line. Always pick up the fake lashes with tweezers. Position the false lashes slightly above your natural lashes and press ends into place. Adjust the lashes with tweezers or with your fingertips. Press the eyelashes down for a few seconds on the outside of your eye. Don’t worry if you have a little extra glue showing – it will dry clear.
If you are going to use individual lashes apply the same way as strip lashes. I recommend you to apply individual lashes higher than your own natural lash line to avoid damage, again using tweezers. Dip the tips of the fake lashes into a little glue – apply them where you want and need to. Hold the lash in place until the glue sets.
Step 5 Curl the lashes and apply mascara
You can curl fake lashes as you would normally do it without worries. Apply mascara to blend your natural lashes and the fake lashes. Fill in the sparse areas using liquid eyeliner, eye pencil or dark eye shadows.
HOW TO REMOVE AT HOME:
Fake lashes should always be removed in the evening, before going to bed. Most of the glues used for the false lashes’ application are water based and can be easily removed with water, cleansing milk or makeup remover.
Use face cloth or cotton pad saturated with warm water and a gentle makeup remover. Hold the face cloth / cotton pad/ over your eyes for 2/ 3 minutes to soften the glue. Remove fake lashes carefully to avoid pulling out your natural lashes.
Wash the fake lashes with lukewarm water, soap or brush cleanser to remove any mascara and dirt.
- Always apply your makeup before applying fake lashes.
- Don’t use creamy eye shadows – the glue won’t stick adequately.
- Always trim fake lashes before applying glue on them.
- Always trim fake lashes with small scissors.
- Always follow the instruction supplied with the lashes.
- Always leave the glue to dry for a couple of minutes.
- The glue must always be tacky before you put on fake lashes.
- Make sure the glue is dry before you put on fake lashes – of the glue is wet the lashes may slide around.
- Use tweezers to pick up the lashes.
- Curl fake lashes carefully after the application.
- Always position eyelashes slightly above your natural lash line.
- Always remove false lashes carefully before going to sleep.
- Most of the fake lashes can be used again.
- Never pull the lashes from the lids.
- Never apply glue directly to your eyelids.
- Never put the lash on top of your lashes.
- Line your lash line with black or brown liquid eyeliner to conceal the lash band.
- You can apply mascara before you put on fake lashes.
- When buying false lashes, select the one that look more natural.
- Look for natural length false lashes.
- Never sleep with fake lashes – it may cause irritation and damage your lashes.
To learn more see also the articles: