A bit of sunshine can do wonders for your mood and a light tan can make you look healthier and slimmer and if you can’t stand the heat from the sun-beds, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t still look bronzed and gorgeous. The bronzers will keep your skin looking clear, with a healthy and natural glow.
There are two main types of bronzer – powder bronzer and cream bronzer.
Powder Bronzer provides a smooth and even application on all skin tones. It is perfect for enhancing a skin tone or straightened a tan. The powder bronzers are easy to apply on the whole body and especially on the face. They work best for those with oily skin.
For perfect application a big and wipe brush is needed. When applying the powder bronzer using a brush you can create a soft dusting. Dab the brush into the color; tap it on the back of your hand in order to remove any excess. Apply the bronzer with attention to your cheekbones, chin, nose and around the eyes. Using a circular motion, start powder application on the cheek apple and brush on bronzing powder. Brush down lightly applying bronzer to each side of the nose and under the lower lip.
Cream Bronzer is appropriate for all skin types, and especially for those with dry skin. You can apply it with a sponge or using your fingers. Before applying your skin should be thoroughly exfoliated. Take a little bit of the exfoliating products and gently rub it onto your skin. Remove any jewelery before you start. Apply the bronzer and rub your fingers together to even the color. Dab onto the apples of the cheeks. Blend well with circular motions. Build the color slowly. Apply also on your shoulders and breast to complete the sun kissed look. Build up the color gradually, in order to get exactly the shade you want. Don’t forget to apply between tour toes.
- They usually wash off when you take a shower and they don’t affect your skin color at all.
- Too dark shades may look unnatural.
- If you want to make your skin luminous, look for products with a subtle shimmer.
- Keep your foundation to a minimum if you wear bronzer on your face, otherwise your complexion may look too orange.
- If you apply the bronzer unevenly you can make your skin appear “dirty”.
- Make sure it isn’t too heavy.
- If you use a powder bronzer apply it with a big, round brush.
- Never overdo it – your skin will look unnatural and “dirty”.
- Always apply on areas where the sun usually hits.
- The best way to warm up your face and add color to it.
- When using keep your makeup as simple as possible.
- The bronzer should be a few shades darker than your skin tone.
- Don’t apply too much makeup when you have applied bronzer.
- Wash your hand immediately after the application.
- Keep the makeup’ colors as natural as possible.
- Always make sure your blend well.
- Stay away from the orange tones – they look unnatural and fake.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Avoid contact with clothes for at least one hour after application.
- Use bronzer in place of blush, sweeping it over cheekbones will add definition to the face.