The summer is close, so you will need fabulous legs.
Here are some tips how to prepare them for one unforgettable summer.
- Step 1 Hair-free and silky legs are crucial to carry off summer style. Gillette has developed a new razor, which is designed specially for women and gives an incredibly close shave and at the same time manages to be gentle on your skin. Do not forget to use shaving gel or foam when you shave in order not to hurt the skin. Always finish by applying oily body lotion.
- Step 2 If you want to slough off the dead skin cells use a salt scrub in the shower. Start from the toes doing small circular motions as you travel up your body. Use a rougher hand over the dry patches such as knees, fetes and elbows. If you don’t have a scrub you can use coffee – it will make your skin smoother and radiance.
- Step 3 Body-brushing – You should do it every time you are taking a shower. Dry brushing your skin gets the blood pumping to wake up a sluggish circulation. It will help you to eliminate the toxins in your body.
- Step 4 Bronze tan – As we all know the pasty skin in not a good look, so a layer of fake tan will take away the sting. The tinted creams brighten the skin, so legs appear more healthy and sexy. Apply the body cream on your skin while it is still damp to lock in the moisture. You can apply a body cream everyday- for best results use two types of creams – one that contains natural ingredients and a tinted cream for example.
Free Easy Legs Workout
Stand with your feet 7 – 9 inches apart, arms across your chest and hands on apposite shoulders. Take your weight back into your heels and lower your body be bending your legs, leading with the bottom, and with your knees directly over the middle toes. Aim to lower to 90 degree and pause for a moment, then raise yourself back up and repeat.
2 Knee drive
Stand with one foot on a step, with your knee bent and the other foot on the floor behind you. Drive up onto the front foot, bringing the back knee up towards your chest, using your arm in an opposite action. Come right up on to the ball of your foot, pause then go straight back down into a lunge position. You can add power by allowing the supporting foot to leave the floor altogether as you drive up with the other leg.
3 Supine curl
Lie face up with your heels on a gym ball, legs and arms by your side. Lift your bottom up so your body forms a straight line from head to heels. Bending your knees, roll the ball in towards your bottom. Pause and slowly extend your legs and roll the ball away.
4 Single leg squat
Stand with your right leg extended slightly in front of you with your core muscles engaged and your back straight. Bend your left leg, ensuring the knee bends directly over the fourth toe, and visualize the leg turning out of the hip. Pause and then straighten and repeat, then change sides. If you want to increase the resistance you can add a dumbbell to each hand.
5 Directional Lunge
Take a big step forward with your right leg, bending both knees so the right one aligns over the right toes, and the left one travels towards the floor. Keep your torso upright. Pause and then pushing up through the front heel, straighten your legs and return to the start position. Take a big step to the diagonal, ensuring your knee aligns over your toes. Step back and repeat the two moves with your left leg. Complete all repetitions. Remember: do not allow your pelvis to tip forward or your tail-bone to stick out.
Stand in front of a step around shin height, with a weight in each hand. Step up with the right foot, follow with the left, then step down with the right foot and down with the left.
7 Hip Abduction
Lie on your side with your legs stacked from ankle to hip and your weight supported on your elbow. Remember: don’t let your body sink into the supporting arm. Raise the top leg a few inches from the supporting one, keeping your toes facing directly forwards and ensuring the leg lengthens out of the hip socket as you extend it.
8 Leg crossover
Hook one end of a resistance band around something sturdy and loop the other end around your right leg. Shuffle away from the attachment point until there is enough tension in the band, and your right leg is lifted out to the side. Bring your right leg in towards the center, taking it just across the left, with your toes facing directly forward. Remember: do not allow the hip of the supportive leg to dip and keep your core muscles engaged.
Stand with your feet together and step both legs out to the side, bending your knees as you land in a wide-stance squat position, with your knees and hips opening out over the toes. Step back to the start position and repeat.
- Massage your feet regularly! Use whatever you like – a professional spa series, your favorite body butter or pamper your senses with some aromatherapy products containing essential oils.
- Dead skin on feet is quite unpleasant, but can be fixed easily. Soak your feet in cool water for about 10 minutes. This will make the dead skin soft and easy to remove (use a pumice stone or a foot file). Apply some softening foot cream afterwards.
- Old dry skin is not as visible on legs as it is on feet, but it’s still there. You need to exfoliate once again to get smooth and silky legs. Exfoliating not only removes rough skin, it prepares your legs for a closer shave.
- Smearing your legs with body oil will make them shine seductevily. Even olive oil or almond oil would do. Your feet will look even better if you have a suntan.
- To get relief from stress, push the center of your foot with your thumb.
- To refresh your feet drip 10 drops lemon or mint essential oils in 1 liter cold water. Soak a pair of cotton knee high socks and put them on – you’ll feel instant refreshment on your tired feet!
- If you want to have pretty legs you can’t go without basic leg exercises. Squats, lunges, step-ups – the more, the better! Exercise will get your legs in shape in no time, but be sure to increase intensity every week. Another good way to exercise your legs is to cycle. Cycling strengthens your muscles and helps you get rid of fats on the tights.
- Last, but not least – keep healthy weight. You can’t expect to have pretty legs if you’re overweight. The whole body should be in proportion. A big body and skinny legs (or vice versa) is not considered “pretty”.