Lie on your back and take your knees wide so your feet are wider than the width of your mat. Drop your right knee into the center, rotating it from the hip joint and bending your knee slightly, and turning your left knee to the side.
Your right knee should be in line with the center line of your body. Then with your left hand above your head place your left hand on to the right side of your ribcage and take some deep breath, focusing on breathing into the right side.
Once you feel your ribs expanding more into the right as you breathe in, start to create the stretch by drawing your tummy in, from your sternum down to your belly button as you breathe out. Use your left hand to tease your hips down and away from your ribs, keeping your ribcage on the floor at all times.
At the end focus on pressing your right knee further towards the floor.
Repeat that six to eight times and change sides.
Remember: Use slow deep breaths
If you feel any pressure on the knee on the stretched side, use a rolled up towel under your knee for support.
Regular stretching can increase your flexibility, improves posture, reduce the risk of injury and helps you avoid pain and stiffness.
- Hold out your left right for a balance. Hold your right foot with your right hand, ease it towards your buttocks and tuck in your pelvis slightly. Remember: keep your knees close together, feel the stretch down to front of your right thigh. Hold for a few seconds and repeat it on the other side.
- Step back with your right foot as far as is comfortable. Lean forward and bend your knee, placing both hands on your left thigh. Hold for 40 seconds and then change legs and repeat on the other side.
- With hands on hips, cross your right leg over the left with the end of your right big toe resting on the ground. Bend your supporting left leg gently. Feel a stretch in the shin of the right leg. Repeat on the other side. If you feel pain, you have gone too far and should go back to the point where there is no pain before you hold the stretch.
- Hold each stretch for at least 40 seconds and then relax.
- The best time to stretch is in the morning and before going in bed.
- Always warm up slowly before stretching.
Fast And Easy Workout
- Stand with your legs and feet together. Inhale – stretch your arms above your head and bend your knees as if you are sitting down in a chair. Look straight ahead. Exhale and hold for 4 minutes.
- Stand up. Bend your right knee and rotate outwards, so your foot rests on your leg above or below the side of your knee. Bring the palms of your hands together in the prayer position. Look straight ahead for 20 seconds and inhale.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and hands in the prayer position. Squat with your knees pointing outwards and over your toes. Exhale and hold for five breaths. Return to standing position. Inhale and repeat 10 times.
What do you think about this post?One Comment »